It came to me while I was taking a shower. Like a bolt of lightning, the realization of what the government was up to showered on me like a spring rain. All this time I have been wrestling with the notion that, if we had health insurance for all Americans, it would save us money in the long run. Well I am here to tell you I have a new theory in this matter. Why would anyone with an ounce of sense want to keep us old farts around? We do not work much. We do not pay much tax. We are always going to the doctor and to get something cutout or fixed. We are always clogging up the interstate because we drive too slow. Quit often we get confused and disorientated. We tend to gain too much weight. We are very picky about what we eat. We pick and choose when we want to watch the grandchildren. The list goes on and on.
Someone in the government who is obviously very smart and young figured out that old people are a huge drain on our society. Anyone still hanging around past the age of…say 65 is pretty much dead weight! I imagine it was a several step plan to remove old people from the ranks of the human race. Think about this:
1. Teach people to eat poorly so they die young and fat.
2. Make it very expensive to see a doctor. (This alone decreases the average life expectancy)
3. Make it hard to get any worthwhile exercise.
4. Promote a stressful environment to work and live in.
5. Create stores that are miles long to keep old people from reaching or finding what they need.
6. Continue to decrease the font size on medicine so to increase the chance of taking the wrong dosage.
7. Inflate the money and increase food prices to the point that we simply die of malnutrition.
8. Inflate money and put us on a fixed income.
9. Promote the belief that everything will be beautiful when you die and go to heaven.
It would seem as if the cards are stacked against me. I am not that old but I am already feeling the pressure to move on. Yes, I am forgetful and I get balder every day but I am still a person! Politics are even becoming boring as I hear the same crap over and over. Ah hell, I should go to Wal-Mart.com and buy an urn or just get an old coffee can and head over the interstate to play chicken with the semis. Sue, I can’t find my glasses, have you seen them?